Blog Hero

Anti-reflective Lenses. What Are The Benefits? in Medicine Hat

Book Appointment


When a beam of light strikes the surface of a clear lens, light transmission (the amount of light that actually passes through the lens) is about 92%. The remaining 8% is lost through reflections from the front and back surfaces of the lens. Loss of light results in a slight decrease in visual ability and an increase in awareness of annoying reflections. Modern anti-reflection lenses eliminate virtually all reflected light from indoor lighting, street lights, headlights, TV and computer screens. Anti-reflection lenses also provide a reflection-free appearance to your lenses, thus enhancing eye contact.

These lenses have a colourless ANTI-REFLECTION COATING allowing 99% of all light to pass through the lens to your eye. This special coating will significantly decrease unwanted reflected light, provide a more comfortable visual environment, and enhance your eyewear’s appearance.

Anti-reflection coated lenses require SPECIAL CARE. Commercial lens cleaners and cleaning cloths specifically designed for today’s special lens coatings are highly recommended for optimum performance. Our staff will be happy to help you choose the proper lens cleaning materials for your new eyewear.


For more information, call us at 20/20 Vision Care.

Written by Dr. Clark Hyde

Dr. Clark Hyde graduated from the University of Waterloo School of Optometry in 2011. While in optometry school, he completed clinical externships in both Michigan and Utah, focusing on pediatrics and ocular disease.

More Articles By Dr. Clark Hyde

20/20 News

Dry Eyes?
We Can Help!

Same Day

The Truth About
Blue Light

What to expect during Cataract Surgery

20/20 Advantage
Contact Lens Promo

Our Family

At 20/20 Vision Care, we provide comprehensive vision care services, including eye exams, contact lens exams, dry eye therapy, and a wide selection of frames and lenses.

Designed specifically to best manage eye-related health concerns and disease. We also handle urgent eye care matters like foreign bodies, infections, and trauma.

20/20 Mobile Care

Your children undergo crucial visual development at a young age, and we want to be a part of this journey. We offer children’s eye exams and myopia management to help your children thrive.

We understand that not everyone can make it into our office, so we offer mobile services for those that are homebound, and service the senior homes in our area as well.

20/29 Vision Care Kids

Our Locations

20/20 Vision Care

Find us just down from the Dairy Queen in the heart of downtown on 3rd Street, across from the CORE Association.

  • 431 3rd St. SE
  • Medicine Hat, Alberta
Book Appointment

20/20 Urgent Care & 20/20 Kids

Located directly behind our 3rd Street Building, just down from the Fifth Avenue Memorial Church.

  • 444 4th St. SE
  • Medicine Hat, Alberta
Book Appointment
instagram facebook facebook2 pinterest twitter google-plus google linkedin2 yelp youtube phone location calendar share2 link star-full star star-half chevron-right chevron-left chevron-down chevron-up envelope fax